Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kylie Minogue And Cancer Battle

This topic still makes my eyes teary... but as Kylie said, it hurts to remember those "rotten, dark moments", but the way to prevent it is to talk about it, to be aware of the illness. So,

on May 17th 2005 during her Showgirl tour (right before the Australian leg of it was supposed to hit off), Kylie was diagnosed with breast cancer. I remember that day, logging onto www.kylie.com forum and reading the topic... I could not believe my eyes! Few seconds later, my dad turned on the TV calling me to come quick... it was all over the news, even in my country! I was 16, and within 3-4 days I found out so much about cancer as I have never known before. As any Kylie fan, or just a regular person, I was scared and had no idea how it was going to turn out for her. She underwent the surgery on 21 May 2005 at Cabrini Hospital in Malvern, and commenced chemotherapy treatment soon after.


Kylie and her mom, Carol 2005
Her tour was NOT cancelled, but postponed, and thousands of fans kept their tickets in hope for her quick recovery and a "comeback". And they were right! Early 2011 Kylie celebrated 5 years of being given the "all clear".
And this is why it should be talked about, as I mentioned before! In May 2008, the French Cultural Minister Christine Albanel said, "Doctors now even go as far as saying there is a 'Kylie effect' that encourages young women to have regular checks." 

This is the most intimate and personal interview with Molly Meldrum filmed in March 2011 during Kylie's Aphrodite Les Folies World Tour:




Little woman outside, HUGE person inside!



xo K


No comments:

Post a Comment