Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Avril Lavigne performing Acoustic LIVE

From the very beginning, when this then 17 year old girl appeared in 2002 with her Complicated, I thought she was amazing. And when I heard her perform at one of the ceremonies earlier next year she proved I was right - she actually could sing LIVE and be just a regular cool teenager :)

A little while ago I came across these videos of her performing acoustic songs and they blew me away, because that's what Kylie has been doing with a band for many years now and we all LOVE it and are very excited about Kylie's acoustic/orchestral songs being released this year for her #K25 celebration!
And today I bumped into those again, so that's why I'm blogging about it :D

So, take your time and listen to these goodies ;)



I'm With You - one of my favorite Avril's songs, from her debut album:


Wish You Were Here


Push from her latest album:


By the age of 15, Avril had appeared on stage with Shania Twain; by 16, she had signed a two-album recording contract with Arista Records worth more than $2 million. In 2002, when she was 17 years old, Lavigne broke onto the music scene with her debut album Let Go.

Let Go made Lavigne the youngest female soloist to reach No. 1 in the UK, and the album was certified four-times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. By 2009, over 18 million copies had been sold worldwide. Her breakthrough single, "Complicated", peaked at No. 1 in many countries around the world, as did the album Let Go.
Her second album, Under My Skin, was released in 2004 and was her first album to peak at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200, eventually selling more than 10 million copies worldwide. The Best Damn Thing, Lavigne’s third album, was released in 2007, becoming her third No. 1 album in the UK Albums Chart and featuring her first U.S. Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 single, "Girlfriend". Lavigne has scored five number-one singles worldwide, including "Complicated", "Sk8er Boi", "I'm with You", "My Happy Ending" and "Girlfriend". Her fourth studio album, Goodbye Lullaby, was released in March 2011. Three months after the release of Goodbye Lullaby, Lavigne began work on her fifth album, which will be released on Epic Records following her departure from RCA Records.
She has more than 30 million copies of her albums sold worldwide.

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment