Friday, May 18, 2012

Kylie Minogue In Paris Match Issue

Looking incredible, naturally beautiful, fresh and stunning!! :)

Some interesting answers quoted: She doesn't consider marriage the culmination of love, she feels she misses something but not necessarily a child and she prefers to take the Superbowl performance as a tribute. (thanks to rgmix from SayHey)

You are celebrating your 25 year career. How do you constantly reinvent yourself?
If I felt I already know everything, I could not move anymore. When I was a kid, I sang "Grease" before my toothbrush as if I was holding a microphone. It was not written that I would become a star, but I already knew that playing and singing was part of my DNA.

How do you deal with feelings of insecurity and fear in this business?
Life would seem very silent without  an applause.
 ... And out of this world you make it to reality?
 It's like drugs: adrenaline is so high that the descent can be terrible. For this reason, I prefer to define myself as an artist rather than as a pop star.

Can one be both: a star and a normal person?
It is often enough to remove the feathers! Without them, I'm sometimes surprised how people look at me in the street.

Madonna sang at the Super Bowl in a Roman toga... like you did a year ago! Fun, no?
I take it as a tribute.


In 2005, you have spoken publicly about your breast cancer. Looking back, do you regret?
 I had no choice. It was in shock! Three days later I had to be on stage, I had to give an explanation. Telling it was also a way for me to make it real for myself too, because I could not believe it. In Paris, where I was being treated while I was in bad condition and frankly did not know how things would turn out, on several occasions people have come to me or given me a flower to wish me good luck. It was overwhelming. Throughout this period, I discovered the worst in people as the best. They realized, perhaps for the first time, I was also a woman who suffered, not just a doll smiling. "I am cured and very romantic"

Do you still feel scared because of it?
Over time, people tend to forget. Not me. It does not go a day without me thinking about it. As I look in the mirror and see mental and physical scars. There are days when I feel incredible anger and others when I say that  it is my misfortune and I am very lucky to survive.

Did this period uncover any aspect of your personality that you did not know about?
I always try to see an optimistic picture. I knew I was strong, I was fortunate to be surrounded by people who really loved me. I feel like a cat, having had several lives. In my career as well as in my personal life, I made enough bad decisions and found myself in the stream. Finally, I turned out not too bad.

You often say that you are fatalistic in love. It's easy to say, but is it as easy to live?
Love is work. I have never believed that marriage was the culmination ... There are people who think that it's a beautiful story that will last a lifetime. I tell myself it will last as long as it lasts.


As you get older, are you more demanding and more tolerant in your relationships?
I become wise. More tolerant, less demanding. I am very happy today, because Andres totally respects who I am. And when I go into a spin for no reason, when I feel totally clueless, keep asking myself a thousand questions, who I am, what I want, where do I go... He is there.


Are you good to yourself when it comes to your looks?
I am well and very much in love - it helps. Andres is a handsome, friendly and also very easy going. I absolutely do not realize that I will be 44. I take care of myself but I can assure you that I have never had plastic surgery!

Is there something you miss in life?
Yes, but I do not know what. If it was a child, I would tell you ... Sometimes I just feel like running out of air. I miss something, obviously, but what exactly?



FULL interview in French:


xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment